The 2018 Winter Olympics by the Numbers
Our friends at Wallethub have put together some interesting numbers regarding this years Winter Olympics. Here are just a few of the interesting statistics in the infographic include:
- $13 Billion: Estimated cost of the PyeongChang Winter Olympics, 4x less than the record-setting 2014 Sochi Games.
- $19.6 Million: Was spent on cybersecurity and X-ray screening for the PyeongChang Games.
- $4,683: Average price of a week-long trip to PyeongChang for the Olympics.
- 242: Athletes on the U.S. team - a record for any country in the Winter Olympics.
- 169: Russian athletes received a special exemption to compete after Russia was banned from the 2018 Olympics due to a doping scandal.
To see the entire Wallethub report CLICK HERE