30 Simple Ways You Can SAVE BIG and Beat Inflation!
Inflation has been out of control for the past year, and the threat of another recession makes many people anxious. So it's a safe bet that you, your family, and your friends would like to find additional ways to save money while still enjoying life.
Take advantage of these 30 Simple Ways to Save!
1. One sure way to regularly save up to 50% is to take advantage of the fantastic offers available on SeizetheDeal.com.
The website has specials for area restaurants and activities every week, including one this Friday at 9 am (while supplies last), to save 50% on gift certificates at Big Apple Bagel.
Get $20 in BIG APPLE BAGEL gift certificates for just $10, or double down and get $40 in certificates for $20.
The SeizetheDeal.com specials are regular on-air promotions, so be sure and listen for the offers on Townsquare stations 103.3 WJOD, Eagle 102.3, Y105, and Q 107.5.
You may also enjoy additional benefits and discounts from fast food to steak restaurants if you fit a particular demographic.
This restaurant list will help you choose to save. However, please remember that deals may vary at participating establishments and can change without notice. Check their websites or call ahead to be particular about any specific offer.
2. Hy-Vee For all seniors 55 years or older, come shop at Hy-Vee on Wednesdays, and you'll receive 10% off your grocery order! Bookmark and check the Hy-Vee Promotions Page frequently for significant savings on food for the whole family!
3. Applebee's: has a 15% discount for seniors citizens for seniors 60+ with Golden Apple Card
4. Arby's has a 10% discount available for senior citizens age 55+ in Iowa
5. Auntie Anne's Soft Pretzel has a 10% discount for seniors citizens 65+
6. A&W All American Food has discounts available for seniors 55+
7. Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
8. Chick-Fil-A has a 10% senior discount or a complimentary small beverage for seniors 55+ at participating locations
9. Catfish Charlie's All patrons 55 and older receive special privy to the Senior Menu from 11 am to 5 pm
10. Culver's has a senior citizen discount of 10% for seniors 60+
11. Dunkin' Donuts has a senior citizen discount for AARP members
12. Einstein's Bagels has a 10% senior citizen discount for seniors 60+ on certain bagels
13. Fazoli's: Join "Club 62" for special menu items (62+)
14. Hardee's has a discount offer available on beverages for senior citizens 65+
15. KFC: free small drink with any meal depending on location (55+)
16. McDonald's: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
17. Wendy's: give free coffee or other values depending on the spot.
18. Dairy Queen: Receive a 10% discount or a small drink if you're 55 or older.
19. Golden Corral: Senior value varies by location
20. Perkins Restaurants: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
21. Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
22. Papa John's Senior Discount: check with your local stores (no standard senior discount policy)
23. KFC: free small drink with any meal depending on location (55+)
24. Sonic has a senior citizen discount of 10% available for seniors 60+ in Iowa
25. Village Inn has a 10% discount available for senior citizens 60+ in Iowa
26. Kohl's has a 15% discount for senior citizens 60+
27. TJ Maxx has a 10% discount on certain days of the month for senior citizens 55+
28. Walgreens has a senior citizen discount on "Senior Day" once a month for seniors 55+
29. Facebook Marketplace there are hundreds of fantastic items for sale or free to pick up on Facebook Marketplace. From new to used to well-worn items. A little due diligence and effort can save the shopper time and money. Always use caution when buying, selling, or meeting someone online.
30. The Dubuque Advertiser Although many printed papers are past their heyday, the Dubuque Advertiser remains a tremendous community resource with several coupons and local promotions that can help you save money! Look for the free paper around town or Visit dubuquetoday.com