Dubuque 4th of July Weekend Schedule of Events
AY McDonald Park and Boat Ramp will be closed to all vehicular traffic, including boaters, from 10 PM on Saturday, July 2nd until the park reopens on Monday, July 4th.
The Mississippi River will be closed to ALL BOATERS from the Iowa to Wisconsin shores from Lock and Dam 11 to the Iowa/Illinois Bridge during the Military Air Demonstration. The United States Coast Guard will allow boaters in that area after the demonstration. At that time, boaters must observe the no wake rule and anchor on the east side of the red buoys. The no wake rule will be enforced through 12:00 midnight from the Dam to the Julien Dubuque Bridge!
Saturday, July 2
The Independence Day celebration begins in the Kennedy Mall parking lot!
1:00PM – 8:00PM
- Military displays
- US Army display
- F-22 Simulator – Courtesy of the US Air Force
- Golden Knights parachute jump
4:00PM – 7:30PM
- Bounce House and games for the kids
- The Golden Knights jump into the in the Kennedy Mall parking lot.
Sunday, July 3
9:00AM – 5:00PM
- Independence Day celebration kicks off.
- The US Army Golden Knights jump into the Kwik Stop/Dairy Queen/Fazoli’s parking lot at 16th and Kerper
The Independence Day celebration continues in the AY McDonald Park next to the Hawthorn Boat Ramp just below Lock and Dam 11
6:00PM – 8:30PM
- Salute to our Heroes Air Show including:
- Air Show Announcer Luke Carrico
- Military Swearing in Ceremony
- Aerostars Demonstration Team
- Golden Knights Parachute Team
- US Army Special Operations Semi
- Mike Wiskus Lucas Oil Pitts Plane
- US Navy F-18 Hornet
- Black Hawk Helicopter
- P-51 Mustang
- Japanese Zero
- De Havilland Vampire Jet
- Tribute to our Troops
- Missing Man Formation
- The Fireworks Spectacular!