The City of Dubuque’s City Expo event returns for 2017 on Thursday, September 14, from 4-7 p.m. at the Five Flags Center, 405 Main St.
This event is free and open to the public. Informational materials and complimentary refreshments will be available.
Dubuque residents are invited to attend the expo to learn about City services and programs. The event will feature booths and displays from all City departments and divisions in the arena as well as large equipment displays on Fifth Street, between Locust and Main streets, weather permitting. Several City partner organizations will also participate in the event.
This year’s Expo will also offer the following presentations on a small stage in the arena:
- 4:30 p.m. Proper Fire Extinguisher Use, Fire Department
- 4:45 p.m. Library Digital Collections, Carnegie-Stout Public Library
- 5:00 p.m. My Brother’s Keeper & AmeriCorps Vista, Human Rights Department
- 5:15 p.m. CPR Training, Fire Department
- 5:30 p.m. Body-Worn Cameras, Police Department
- 5:45 p.m. Spartan Street Dance Crew Performance, Multicultural Family Center
- 6:00 p.m. ReThink Waste Dubuque, Public Works Department
- 6:15 p.m. Housing Choice Voucher Program, Housing & Community Development
Expo attendees will have the opportunity to win door prizes if they participate in an “Expo Passport” activity. Passport forms will be provided at the event and must be submitted before exiting the Expo. Participants need not be present to win. Door prizes include:
- 18 holes of golf plus cart for 4 at Bunker Hill Golf Course ($148 value)
- Household summer swim pass ($135 value)
- Fitbit Alta Fitness Wristband ($130 value)
- $50 Leisure Services Gift Card (can be used for all Leisure Services activities and programs, including swimming lessons)
- Yard Waste Annual Decal ($35 value)
- Five Sheets of Yard Waste Stickers ($32.50 value)